Accommodation is guaranteed for most applicants who join us through clearing and adjustment.
You are guaranteed accommodation if you:
- receive an offer through clearing by 17 August 2020
- meet the deadlines stated in your offer email.
Most applicants will be allocated rooms in University residences, however some accommodation may be provided and managed by a private accommodation provider.
Offers received by 17 August
If you received an offer through clearing by 17 August, in order to guarantee your place in accommodation you’ll need to:
- add your course choice to UCAS Track by 10.30 GMT on the day after you receive your verbal offer
- apply for University residences by the deadline confirmed to you in your offer email.
You’ll then receive an email from the Residences Office by 1 September 2020 advising you to either:
- view and accept your University residences room offer
- or with details about being allocated a room in private accommodation.
If you do not accept your room within five days it will be withdrawn and re-allocated to another student.
Offers received after 17 August
If you received your clearing offer after 17 August, then unfortunately we are unable to guarantee accommodation. You can still apply for University accommodation and we’ll begin to process your application no later than 2 September.
We process clearing residences applications on a first-come first-served basis, so the sooner you apply for a place the more likely it is that we will be able to offer you a room.
- If you are allocated a room, you’ll receive an email advising you to view and accept your offer of residence online within five days.
- If we are unable to allocate you a room quickly, we will keep you updated on a weekly basis and let you know as early as possible if we do not think we will have sufficient places in University residences.
Don’t worry, there is a lot of privately owned housing in Cardiff and the University will provide advice and support to help you find a room for example through Facebook house hunting pages and the Cardiff Student Letting Agency.
In the unlikely event that you haven’t secured private or University accommodation before enrolment week, we will send you an appointment for you to arrive during enrolment week when we may have rooms available due to students not arriving.
If rooms are not available at that time, temporary hotel accommodation will be made available (for a limited period during September) for a nominal charge of £15 per night.
We will continue to check availability of University residences and provide support and guidance in securing private sector accommodation.
Applying for residences
Your offer email will explain how to apply for your room.
After you have accepted your offer to study through UCAS you will receive emails from Cardiff University containing:
- your username and password to access our student portal (usually the following day)
- Information about applying for University residences (your access to apply online is usually activated within 48 hours).
If you have any questions please email us at: email@example.com